At Simm Engineering, we pride ourselves in building great relationships with both our customers and our suppliers.
Understanding what our suppliers can offer helps us to better meet our customers’ needs – producing a win-win situation all round.
In this first in a new series focusing on our suppliers, we are taking a look at Atlas Copco.
Which Atlas Copco products are available to Simm customers?
These range from air compressors, air management systems and vacuum pumps to nitrogen generators, valves, industrial power tools, oil and gas treatment equipment, and exhaust management systems.
Key products include:
- VSD & VSD+ air compressors, with the option of Smartlink monitoring
- Oil-free scroll or screw compressors
- GHS VSD+ oil-sealed rotary screw vacuum pumps
- DZS dry claw vacuum pumps
- NGP, NGP+ and NGM series nitrogen generators
- Air dryers
Atlas Copco products can help you…
- Cut your energy bills by up to 50%
- Reduce your environmental impact
- Reduce waste
- Save money over the long term through low power consumption and operating costs
- Have better control of your machines and systems
- Save space in your workplace with smaller footprint machinery
- Reduce noise pollution and improve health and safety with quieter operationInnovative design, practical application
Atlas Copco prides itself on supplying “products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics”.
As a preferred supplier of Atlas Copco products, Simm Engineering can help customers save energy and reduce costs.
A little history…
Founded in 1873 as AB Atlas, the company began by suppling products for rail and construction, before branching out into other areas, including tool machinery.
The early 1900s saw the creation of a pneumatics department and the development of the company’s first piston compressor.
After merging with a diesel company, the business was renamed Atlas Diesel; when this side of the business was dropped, the name Atlas Copco came into use in 1956.
Today, the company has a presence in more than 180 countries, with sales hubs and customer centres across the globe. Its headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden, and there is a strong UK presence based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
A few fascinating facts…
- The first UK Atlas Copco sales office and production plant was opened in 1919.
- At least 100,000 photographs from Atlas Copco’s history are stored in the Centre for Business History in a giant vault in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Water for All – a non-profit organisation that helps to drill or dig new wells or protect natural springs – was established in 1984 and is funded and managed by Atlas Copco employees.
- Every Atlas Copco employee is given The Atlas Copco Book, which explains the company’s corporate culture, including the motto: “There is always a better way”.
For more information on Atlas Copco products, contact our sales team on 0114 244 0764 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.